Monday, December 16, 2013

We Bought Cold Cereal

I'm going to just spill the beans right here, in the first sentence: I hurt my back--pretty badly, I think, and Matt went and bought cereal. Not just one box, either.

There are four boxes of cold cereal sitting in our cupboard, just waiting to be eaten and enjoyed.

Considering that we've been eating a steady breakfast diet of hot cereal or eggs for several months, buying cold cereal "in bulk" was a big deal.

Matt did this, of course, because I've been ordered to a state of "couch rest" which is almost impossible for me, but unfortunately seems necessary, considering the level of pain.

(And I'm not exactly going to be cooking grand pots of oatmeal, from my comfy seat on the couch.)

There's no reason to make fun of our Cream of Wheat, or the bags of dried beans that I have stocked. Oh, yeah, we've been eating a lot of beans, too. There was a week or two there where it seemed that every other day, we were eating another variation of cooked beans. Maybe it's because we were.

There's a reason we do what we do, and it's not always because we're saving for a 15-passenger van (nope, no announcements yet), or a washer that sounds a little less like a cement mixer.

We save, and we eat certain ways (even when we don't necessarily have to!) for times like these... When the cook in the house requests a two-week vacation, and we have little choice but to go buy cereal and meat 'n cheese.

Hopefully this time on the couch won't last too much longer, and I can resume my cooking (and everything else that's being neglected), but for now, I'm just glad to have some good ole' cereal in the cupboard.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! What did you do to your poor self?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, I really have no idea. I'm guessing I did something while picking up Matthias... I sometimes would even pick up the girls, too. :O

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! I'm so sorry you injured yourself, Tricia! Enjoy the couch time and take-off from as much as possible! :( I wish I lived closer to take the kids for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey! That would've been awesome! My youngest sister spent most of the day once this week, Matt took off a day, and my other sister is supposed to come soon, too. So I have some help... thankfully!!

      Delete

You want to make my day? Leave a comment! :D